We would like to share with you the following tools which we hope can be useful to mark the day.
1. Social Media Content: GIFs, stickers and Instagram, Facebook and Twitter content with a focus on youth participation is being finalised by the Communications Team. Please contact Jeff Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information on how to disseminate this content via your regional/national channels
2. Instagram stories: OHCHR will be posting an Instagram Story on 15 September, sharing the stories of young “participation champions” from across the world. Should you be in contact with young people whose activities on participation could be featured in the story feel free to share the attached message, copying Hernan Vales (email@example.com) and Jeff Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org).
3. Secretary General’s message for IDD: The SG has issued a video statement to mark the day, which you may wish to disseminate and quote on your media and social media presence when marking IDD.
4. The Participation Guidelines: in line with IDD’s thematic focus on participation, the Guidelines provide concrete recommendations on how to increase participation at a national and local level. Key messages from the Guidelines are included in the documents attached which touch upon 1. Key messages on the Participation Guidelines; 2. Participation and the SDGs; 3. Youth Participation. We hope they can assist you in framing and formulating OHCHR’s or RC’s interventions to mark IDD. We take this opportunity to flag that pursuant to resolution 39/11, OHCHR has offered member states support in implementing the Guidelines. The Note Verbale attached was sent to this effect. Should this be of interest to your field presence, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
5. Model workshop on youth participation: The model workshop aims to empower young participants with the knowledge and capacity necessary to claim their right to participate. The event could be organised around IDD or in the following months. You will find attached the concept note and methodology, including the scenario for the Chair and key messages discussions. To ensure discussions are interactive we also offer a mentimeter presentation (see example attached).